Hey there everybody!
Today I would like to talk about a health problem many people have. It can be quite embarrassing and it can cause really bad breath!
Today we are talking about dry mouth!
Why is my mouth so dry?
Now, there are many things that may cause our mouth to become dry, such as:
- Medications. Some medications cause our mouth to dry out. Some of these include medicines that treat depression, anxiety and pain
- Smoking or chewing tobacco products
- And dehydration (Drink some water!)
Now if you have bad breath, a dry stick tounge, a dryness in the throat, or have really bad thirst, then you are suffering from symptoms of dry mouth!
It is very normal for us to experience dryness every once in awhile, but when it becomes every day and very often then we need to start to worry a little bit more, because it can be a serious medical issue.
Not only can dry mouth cause bad breath but it can cause a handful of other complications such as:
- Tooth decay
- And many other mouth infections
Dry Mouth Remedies
Luckily if you are experiencing these symptoms you are not alone, and there are actually many dry mouth remedies!
First you should always talk to your doctor. They will be the best source of information and will be able to diagnose your symptoms on a cast by case basis, Not on a general basis like most resources on the web will do. Your doctor has the power to switch your medication (if it is the medication you are taking of course)
Your doctor can actually also write a prescription for a mouth moisturizing mouth wash that will, you guessed it, restore the moisturized feeling back to your gums and whole mouth.
If the above is not the case, then there are plenty of other treatments you can try, including:
- You can soothe your mouth by sucking on sugar free candies
- Stay hydrated (drinking about a gallon of water a day is a rule of thumb I personally use)
- Make sure you are keeping up on your dentist visits! This is important, you should visit your dentist at least once a year for a cleaning and a check up.
- You can also use an OTC artificial saliva substitute, but I think the above steps are more than enough to keep your mouth nice and fresh.
Now this is more than enough information on remedies for a dry mouth! And like I always say when in doubt, go to a doctor!
Till next time guys